(same for new residential and non-residential)
|State Sticker for New Home||$35.00|
|Property Number Sign Fee for New, Missing,
or Damaged Beyond Repair
|Plan Review||$30.00 base fee plus:|
|$.25 Per Sq. Ft. for New Homes and Additions ($75.00 minimum)|
|$.20 Per Sq. Ft. on Remodeling and Detached Residential ($75.00 minimum)|
|$.05 Per Sq. Ft. on Agricultural Building
|$.05 Per Sq. Ft. for New Plumbing in Any Structure ($75.00 minimum)|
|Plumbing Permit||$30 base fee plus $5.00 per Fixture or Water Connection for Replacement|
|Electrical Permit||$.05 Per Sq. Ft. on Any Type of Building, Alternation of Addition ($75.00 minimum)|
|Residential New Heating||$.05 Per Sq. Ft. for Residential New Heating ($75.00 minimum)|
|Commercial New Heating||$.06 Per Sq. Ft. for Commercial New Heating ($75.00 minimum)|
|Heating Permit for Replacement Furnace||$65.00|
|A/C Permit for New/Replacement Central Air Conditioning||$65.00|
|Fireplace Permit for New/Replacement||$65.00|
|Erosion Control Permit||$75.00|
|Culvert Permit (except on County Highways)||$90.00**|
|Moving a Building||$75.00|
|Razing a Residence or Out-Building||$90.00|
|Structural Training Burn||$1,500.00|
|Change of Use Permit||$45.00|
|COMMERCIAL FEES:||$75 base fee plus $.50 /ft Commercial Occupancy ($100.00 minimum)
$25.00 per Thousand, Commercial Remodel
NEW CONSTRUCTION DEPOSIT. In addition to all other fees, every applicant for a building permit for any initial construction shall deposit $1,500.00 with the clerk for the purpose of reimbursing the town for the cost of removing any mud or other debris from the highway and the cost of repairing or replacing the driveway culvert resulting from such construction. Any of such costs incurred by the town shall be deducted from such deposit, and the balance of such deposit, if any, shall be returned to the applicant upon completion of construction.
- Building Inspector: Don Fox 24401 52nd Street, Salem, WI 53168-9597. Office Hours: 6:00 am to 7:30 am, Monday through Friday (262) 488-8850.
- Make Checks Payable: Town of Paris
- Returned checks, including NSF, will have a $35.00 charge added and the job will be red-tagged and all work stopped until the payment and the returned check charge are paid.
- All Bonds Refunded to Owner
- There will be a $30.00 charge per inspection visit after 7 visits.
- After two (2) failed inspections, there will be a re-inspection charge of $35.00
- Commercial, industrial and housing buildings over two families shall have State-approved heating, electrical, plumbing and construction plans with this application.
- Residential shall have heating plans, heat loss calculations, and specifications of the equipment to be used.
- Permits may be obtained on one form in the categories of construction, heating, ventilation and air conditioning, electrical and plumbing. An additional fee for plan review may be assessed at the time of application for renewal of the permit.
- The state fee schedule for commercial building projects, as set forth in the Wisconsin Administrative Code, may be charged in lieu of or in addition to this fee schedule at the town’s discretion.
- Gross square footage calculations are based on exterior dimensions, including garage and each finished floor level.
- In determining costs, all construction shall be included. All fee categories shall be rounded up to the next full dollar amount.
- On apply for a permit for temporary electrical work, the period of time for which such wiring is to remain in service shall be specified. Service shall be cut off at the end of this period and shall not again be connected without written permission from the electrical inspector.
- DOUBLE PERMIT FEES SHALL BE CHARGED IF WORK STARTS BEFORE PERMITS ARE ISSUED. The Building Inspector may waive double permit fees only if work is started prior to obtaining a permit due to emergency circumstances. Obtaining a permit after the fact shall not be a defense to any prosecution for not having obtained a required permit before commencing the work requiring a permit.
- PERMITS SHALL EXPIRE 180 DAYS AFTER PERMIT IS ISSUED FOR ADDITIONS AND 24 MONTHS FOR NEW HOMES. IN THE EVENT THE PROJECT IS NOT COMPLETED IN THAT TIME, ANY PORTION OF FEES PAID IN EXCESS OF $65.00 SHALL BE REFUNDED UPON REQUEST.
** Upon a determination by the Town Building Inspector or a Town Supervisor that a proposed culvert could cause drainage problems or is otherwise suspect, the culvert’s design and location shall be reviewed by the Town’s engineers, at the applicant’s expense.