Building & Zoning

The following are a list of building and zoning related topics. To view a list of town fees, click here. To download a building permit application, click here

  • Building, Electrical and Plumbing Inspector for Commercial and Residential: Contact Don Fox at (262) 537-4568 or cell phone (262) 488-8850 between 6:30 am to 10:00 am. The best time to contact is Monday through Friday, 6-7:30 a.m. Wisconsin Building permit link:
  • Building Code Used: Wisconsin Dwelling Code for residential. Permits are required. Permits can be obtained at the Building Department. Bond, General licenses and Business license are required. Blue prints are required for commercial and residential building, and a licensed Architects Seal is required for commercial building.
  • Tank Removal or Installation: Inspector or Officer who enforces this ordinance; Town of Paris Fire Dept., 16607 Burlington Rd. Kenosha, WI 53182. Phone #262-859-3009.  Local license is not required. Contractors bond is not required. Permits and fees are required.
  • Storm Water Control: by the Dept. of Natural Resources.
  • Electrical Code Used: Current National Electrical Code. Local license, registration fee, bond is not required. Permits and fees are required. Electrical Commission: No.
  • Main Disconnects: Single main switch is required.
  • Plumbing Code Used: Current State Plumbing Code, Plumbing license is required and drain layers license is required. Bond is not required, permits are required and fees are required.
  • Board of Health Inspectors: Kenosha County Health Dept., 8660 Sheridan Road, Kenosha, WI 53143.  Phone: (262) 605-6700, Fax: (262) 605-6715. Best time to contact: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
  • Air Conditioning – Heating – Ventilation: Current Wisconsin State Code. Bond is not required. Local license is required. Permits are required.
  • Roofs: Local Code, 2 roof layers allowed before tear-off. Permits and fees are required.
  • Fire Inspector Officer-Sprinkler Fitters Requirements: State of Wisconsin Administrative Code. Permits and fees are required. Inspector or Officer who approves the fire sprinkler system is:  Paris Fire Dept.  16607 Burlington Road, Union Grove, WI 53182.  Phone:  (262) 859-3009
  • Fire Alarm Systems:  Paris Fire Dept. Phone (262) 859-3009.  Pre-engineered fire suppression State employee licenses is required.  Installation permit is required.  Engineered fire suppression system company and employee state license are required.  Certificate of installation or inspection is required.  Functional test witnessed by the fire dept. is required.  Fire alarm systems, company and employee.  Municipal license are required.  Installations permit is required.  Certificate of installation of inspection is required.  Functional test witnessed by the fire dept.  is required.  Monitoring by the Fire Dept is required.
  • Zoning Commissioner:  Kenosha County Planning and Zoning Development. 19600 75th St. Bristol, WI 53104. Phone: (262) 857-1895.  Fax: (262) 857-6508.  Best time to contact.  8 a.m. to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday.
  • Planning Commissioner:  Jeff Badtke, 1520 136th Ave, Union Grove, WI 53182.  Phone: (262) 515-7078.  Best time to contact: 8 a.m., Monday through Friday. See Chapter 13 under Town Ordinances for link to land division ordinance.