PARIS PLAN COMMISSION MINUTES
DATE: November 18, 2019
TIME: 7:00 P.M.
PLACE: Paris Safety Building, 16607 Burlington Road, Union Grove, Wisconsin 53182
- Call to order AT 7:00 PM
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll call: Chairman Jeff Badtke, Vice Chair Margaret Hefner, Gene Weis, Doug McElmury, Jeff Gumm, and Klaus Dierks. Also, in attendance Chairman John Holloway. Erin Pugh was excused due to traveling.
- Margaret made a motion to approval of minutes from the October 21, 2019. Second by Jeff Gumm. Passed 6-0.
- Doug made a motion take the CUP application off the table. Second by Margaret. Passed 6-0.
Charles shared that he works on natural restoration the property is high quality prairie with native seed genetics. Need for living quarters will be for someone to manage the enterprise.
The spray clean out / catch basin will be for equipment clean out and drains to the ditch line. The farm will be organic at some point. Fire Code states that the separation between storage and living quarters needs a two-hour fire rating.
Klaus made a motion to approve application submitted by Charles Heide for a Conditional Use Permit requesting and approval to allow a caretaker’s quarters within a proposed reconstructed barn on the Fiddlehead Gardens, LLC property located at 16000 38th Street (Tax Parcel No. 45-4-221-271-0301) subject to providing the Town proof of caretaker’s/ Labor’s tax documents every three years with a notice that will come from the Town with at least 30days notice, 2 hour fire rating from shop to caretaker’s quarters, CUP is up for renewal at the change of own ship, and with the commissions support for this applicates business plan. Second by Margaret. Passed 6-0.
- Klaus made a motion to approve requesting approval of a renewal to an existing temporary use (Section VII. B. 12.36-5(a)5: which states that all temporary uses require the Board of Adjustments to hear and grant an application in any district) to operate a temporary office trailer in the M-2 Heavy Manufacturing Dist. on Tax Parcel #45-4-221-254-0126, Town of Paris by SALES ENGINEERS INC. MIDWEST EQ., 12015 38th St., Kenosha WI 53144-7551 (Owner), James Ashmus, 12015 38th St., Kenosha WI 53144-7551 (Agent). Second by Gene. Passed 6-0.
- Updates: The Ford property did go through.
- Margaret made a motion to adjourn the meeting at 7:54pm. Second by Klaus. Passed 6-0.
Minutes taken by: Diana Coughlin