Town Board Meeting Tuesday, November 27, 2018
- Call to Order: 7:00pm
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call: Virgil Gentz, Ron Kammerzelt, and Ken Monson
- Approval of Minutes: TBM: October 23, 2018 Motion to approve made by Ron Kammerzelt; Second, Ken Monson; Passed 3-0
- Treasurer’s Report: Motion to approve made by Ken Monson; Second, Ron Kammerzelt; Passed 3-0
- Citizen Comments: 3 calls and no comments
- Supervisor Comments:
Ken hoped everyone had a good Thanksgiving. He will be going to a Fire Study meeting at Bristol which should include potential options for Paris, Somers, and Bristol working together on fire and rescue services.
Virgil went to Kenosha County Council meeting at Bristol. Samantha Kerkman and Van Wanggard were present. An update of what is going on in Kenosha County was given, and the Council is looking for other topic for future meetings.
- Fire & Rescue: Chief Roland Iwen
Chief Iwen said the fire department had a busy month and provided a list of calls which included two fires in Paris. A resident on Hwy 142 has been burning mattress and couches and received a burn citation for $500.00.
- Planning Commission: Chairman John Holloway
Bobby Howard, from the Invenergy solar energy company, will be coming to the December Planning commission meeting to make a presentation about solar array projects and answer questions. At this time they have enough lease agreements to go to the PSC to present their plan in the first quarter of 2019.
John Holloway informed the board that We Energies made a public announcement that they are looking for small sites for solar arrays preferably on public lands not green space. We Energies does not have to buy power from the solar energy companies. Solar power companies cannot sell power directly to end users and must pass through a utility.
John Holloway and Ron Kammerzelt went to KABA meeting that discussed the creation of a website that includes all municipalities in Kenosha County. It would be a one stop place that would have links to all municipalities that would include pictures, schools, businesses, and other assets from each community. The town would have two months to collect this information for the website. This would be good for the Town of Paris.
John has still been receiving request by residents about land divisions. Mostly for other family members.
- Town Business:
- The following items will be open for discussion and possible action:
It was agreed that the Lease agreement of Town owned tillable land approximately 18 acres of tillable land adjacent to the Paris Town Hall, 16607 Burlington Road, being part of Parcel No. 45-4-221-153-0350 property should stay a one year lease with hay only. All bids need to be turned in by 5:00 pm on December 18th, 2018, and bids will be opened at the town board meeting at 7:00 pm on December 18th 2018
- Gahart was unable to come to the board meeting but had no new information to share regarding the Legacy committee. The Legacy committee needs to meet with the Planning Commission to discuss possible option. John Holloway mentioned having the January Planning Commission meeting an open house for residents to hear the proposed Legacy Committee plan and have the Commission members’ discussion after.
- Ken Monson made a motion to approve the retention of Gordon Meier for the 2018 audit; Second by Ron Kammerzelt. Passed; 3-0.
- Ken Monson made a motion to approve the Operator License for Kyla Washiewski for Stumble Inn; Second; Ron Kammerzelt. Passed 3-0.
- Upcoming Dates:
Town Board Meeting December 18, 2018; January 22, 2019
- Adjourn: 8:47PM on a motion by Ron Kammerzelt; Second, Ken Monson ; Passed 3- 0.