Permit Fees

Building Permit Application located on first page under Blogroll

Building, Electrical and Plumbing Inspector for Commercial and Residential: Don Fox Phone #262-878-3358, Best time to contact: 6:00 am to 7:30 am Monday through Friday.

Building Code Used: Wisconsin Dwelling Code for residential. Permits are required.  Permits can be obtained at the Building Department.  Bond, General licenses and Business license are required.  Blue prints are required for commercial and residential building, and a licensed Architects Seal is required for commercial building.

Tank Removal or Installation: Inspector or Officer who enforces this ordinance; Town of Paris Fire Dept., 16607 Burlington Rd. Kenosha, WI 53182. Phone #262-859-3009.  Local license is not required.  Contractors bond is not required.  Permits and fees are required.

Storm Water Control: by the Dept. of Natural Resources.

Electrical Code Used: 2008 National Electrical Code.  Local license, registration fee, bond is not required.  Permits and fees are required.  Electrical Commision: No.

Main Disconnects:  Single main switch is required.

Plumbing Code Used:  Current State Plumbing Code, Plumbing license is required and drain layers license is required.  Bond is not required, permits are required and fees are required.

Board of Health Inspectors: Kenosha County Health Dept., 8660 Sheridan Road, Kenosha, WI 53143.  Phone: 262-605-6700, Fax: 262-605-6715. Best time to contact:  8:00 am to 4:30 pm Monday through Friday.

Air Conditiioning – Heating – Ventilation: Current Wisconsin State Code.  Bond is not required.  Local license is required. Permits are required.

Roofs:  Local Code, 2 roof layers allowed before tear-off.  Permits and fees are required.

Fire Inspector Officer-Sprinkler Fitters Requirements:  State of Wisconsin Administrative Code.  Permits and fees are required.  Inspector or Officer who approves the fire sprinkler system is:  Paris Fire Dept.  16607 Burlington Road, Union Grove, WI 53182.  Phone:  262-859-3009

Fire Alarm Systems:  Paris Fire Dept. Phone #262-859-3009.  Pre-engineered fire suppression State employee licenses is required.  Installation permit is required.  Engineered fire suppression system company and employee state license are required.  Certificate of installation or inspection is required.  Functional test witnessed by the fire dept. is required.  Fire alarm systems, company and employee.  Municipal license are required.  Installations permit is required.  Certificate of installation of inspection is required.  Functional test witnessed by the fire dept.  is required.  Monitoring by the Fire Dept is required.

Zoning Commissioner:  Kenosha County Planning and Zoning Development. 19600 75th St. Bristol, WI 53104. Phone: 262-857-1895.  Fax: 262-857-6508.  Best time to contact.  8:00 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday.

Planning Commissioner:  John Holloway, 15404 Burlington Rd., Union Grove, WI 53182.  Phone: 262-859-2772.  Best time to contact: 8: 00 am, Monday through Friday.

Town of Paris

Residential Fees:

 $1500.00              Performance Bond (same for new residential/non-residential)

$35.00                   State Sticker for New Home

$90.00                   Property Number Sign Fee for New, Missing or Damaged Beyond Repair

$30.00                   Plan Review

$.25 Per Sq. Ft. for New Homes and Additions ($75.00 minimum)

$.20 Per Sq. Ft. on Remodeling and Detached Residential ($75.00 minimum)

$.05 Per Sq. Ft. on Agricultural Buildings ($75.00 minimum)

$.05 Per Sq. Ft. for New Plumbing in Any Structure ($75.00 minimum)

$30.00                   Plumbing Permit Initial Fee Plus $5.00 Per Fixture or Water                                                               Connection for Replacement

$.05 Per Sq. Ft. for Electric Permit on Any Type Building, Alteration of Addition                                 ($75.00 minimum)

$.05 Per Sq. Ft. for New Heating in Residential ($75.00 minimum)

$.06 Per Sq. Ft. for New Heating in Commercial ($75.00 minimum)

$65.00                   Heating Permit for Replacement Furnace

$65.00                   A/C Permit for New/Replacement Central Air Conditioning

$65.00                   Fireplace Permit for New/Replacement

$65.00                   Pool Permit

$65.00                   Deck Permit

$65.00                   Roof Permit

$75.00                   Erosion Control Permit

$65.00                   Fence Permit

$75.00                   Culvert Permit (except on County Highways)

$75.00                   for Moving a Building

$110.00                 Sign Permit

$90.00                   Razing a Residence or Out Building

$1500.00               Structural Training Burn

$45.00                   Change of Use Permit

Commercial Fees:

 $.50/ft  Commercial Occupancy-$75.00 ($100.00 minimum)

$25.00 per Thousand, Commercial Remodel

Fees based on Chapter 5

Building Inspector:

Don Fox
24401 52nd St.
Salem, WI 53168-9597
Office Hours: 6:00 am – 7:30 am Monday through Friday – (262) 878-3358

Make Checks Payable: Town of Paris

All Bonds Refunded to Owner

There will be a $15.00 charge per inspection visit after 7 visits.

After two(2) failed inspections, there will be a re-inspection charge of $35.00

NSF Checks Will Have a $35.00 Charge Added: The Job Will Be Red Tagged and All Work Stopped

Double Permit Fees if Work Starts Before Permits Are Issued